The exhibition is closed on all religious holidays
Cracow, 2 Rynek Główny (Main Market Square)
St. Adalbert Church is a historical place that commemorates the place where St. Adalbert preached. The church’s name was to honor the Polish saint.
It is assumed that this building in its first version was created at the turn of the tenth and eleventh centuries. Since then it was rebuilt many times. The building we can see recently, was built on the ruins of older building from the second half of the eleventh century. In 1453 Jan Capistranon, who was another holy of the Catholic Church and the founder of the monasteries of the Friars Minor of the Observance, preached his sermons in this church. At the beginning of the seventeenth century the church was again rebuilt in the style of Baroque.
In the basement of the church underground exhibition showing the Main Market Square history can be found.